Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 5

Day 5. Its actually been more like 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe even 5 weeks. I started going to yoga 3 or 4 days a week that long ago. I thought for sure I would see results pretty quickly.  But my body kept compensating and justifying for how much I was working out. I work out hard. Always have. So I ate that way too. Now granted, you can be short and weigh 200 pounds and still have very little body fat. But I wouldn't be very agile or flexible at that weight. Again..the big problem is that I'm not hungry but my brain wants me to eat and eat sugar to get the craving to stop even though what it does is make it happen more often.
I did pretty good last night. I had a couple of crackers (3) and a nectarine and a few pretzel chips. I was hoping to get some money yesterday so I can try my 2 lollipops a day thing and see if it works/helps but I guess I'll have to hope it comes today instead.
I worked out hard at the gym for an hour and swam for 45min. I'm starting to feel the difference and I'm sleeping better I think. My hip is still killing me though. I'm also hoping to cut back down the amount of melatonin I take as well as amitriptyline. The melatonin bothers my kidneys and I used to be fine on less amitriptyline as far as sleep went.
The goal is not necessarily a 6 pack but at least some definition in my abs. I have always been able to build muscle and define it pretty easily. I'm hoping my body stays that way. The big thing is getting the weight off of my back and hip so it stops hurting so bad and I can go back to sleeping on my side. Currently,  if I don't sleep on my stomache I wake up in horrible severe pain in my hip, leg and back. If I don't take meds for it its bad enough where most people would go to the hospital for it. I just take a pill and try to calm myself til it starts working. Even just plain Tylenol works sometimes but not well enough for me to go back to sleep until 2 hours later. Sucks.
Day 6 here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment