Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 8 thru 12 8 think....

So in theory this is the end of week 3 or 4 but not really. I started hitting the pool again 4 weeks ago today. But the rest really didn't fall into place until about 2 and a half weeks ago. The good news is that I can already feel the changes. I'm not sure if they are visible to others yet but I can certainly tell. I think I might be lucky in that as this process takes place, my body seems to want better food anyway AND I have always been able to build muscle easier than most women. I've just never really cared about it that much. I just like the way I feel when I'm fit. It was never about how much muscle I had or what it looked like. I'm not ready to check the scale again but at least I'm not feeling like this is a worthless process.
My left hip about 3 months ago had gotten so painful I considered thr hospital and surgery. But I also didn't want to be stuck at home after surgery and have all the extra weight on me and just end up with more and feel horrible. My hip pain has decreased about 85 to 90 percent! And in such a short amount of time! I'm hoping in another few weeks it will be completely gone.
The shitty part of this whole thing is the heat. Its warm and humid every single day and no waves. Unless I want to drive to santa cruz or down the coast every day then I don't get to surf. Its been 2 weeks since I was in the water last. Its depressing me. Not to mention that with all the sweat from the gym and yoga I don't ever feel like my body cools down enough. It sucks. I miss the cold ocean and waves so much. I'm gonna see about exploring santa cruz soon and making a trip down the coast before summer is over. I gotta keep doing what I'm doing though until the surf is back. Much more fun to catch waves than lift weights but I don't mind it so much when I can do both.
As for eating...I definitely don't process food very well after 5pm. I tried 6pm but it wasn't early enough. My metabolism is just too slow by then. I seem to do fine as long as I'm done eating by 530pm. I can have a few crackers and a lollipop but nothing more after that time. Then my nighttime meds work better too when I have an empty stomache.
I've been going to bikram yoga 3 or 4 days a week and to the gym 4 or 5 days a week plus surfing when I can. I try to take 1 rest day and I do a double workout 2x per week right now. I can't seem to do yoga after the gym though. It about killed me...not to mention the humidity has been horrible. I do much better when I do yoga first and then either the gym or surf after. Not sure why.
Gonna keep pushing. Hoping in 2 more weeks that the results are more visible. Oh! And the one thing I hate.....my body always looses weight through my middle last. Wtf. I gain it evenly over my whole body but as I lose it it's always my arms then legs then middle. Not fair. Especially with all the ab work I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment