Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Eggs, gettem local if you can

Found a few interesting facts about the "natural" part of eggs today. I am definitely a proponent of buying local if you can. I happen to live in an area where I can do that, it just isn't always cheap or easy. My plan for the year is to really get our home garden going in order to help this problem. Fruit trees are not cheap though so I'm actually going to try growing a few literally from seed from a "local" organic piece of fruit. Same with some of the other items that we are going to grow. This year has been crazy dry and we are in the middle of the worst drought I can ever remember here. If it floods next year we will have very little fruits and veggies. 
Anyway, eggs are very easy to buy locally here. If you can do it too, here's why you should.

http://io9.com/americans-why-do-you-keep-refrigerating-your-eggs-1465309529

http://io9.com/what-if-natural-products-came-with-a-list-of-ingredient-1503320184

No comments:

Post a Comment