Tuesday, May 6, 2014

What it's all about. Why I'm starting this blog about all the crazy food info.

I'm a woman in my 40's and I've been a swim coach for 20 years now. I was a competitive swimmer my entire life and am still extremely involved in other sports as well. I surf, swim, practice yoga, and weight train daily but food seems to have the greatest impact on my life and my body. My allergies have gotten worse as an adult and my food allergies have gotten even worse than that. But it's not just about me. The athletes that I train have very little nutrition understanding and are really confused about what's good and what's bad and what to eat and what not to eat. That's the big reason why I wanted to start this blog. I'm not an expert, I'm just a lady with an opinion and trying to help decipher all the crazy information on food out there.
We are a culture that focuses on food for lots of reasons. It's social, we celebrate, we date, we train, we over eat, we have comfort food, movie food......and it goes on and on. But what do we need? What makes us stop craving? What are we missing? I'm hoping to share what I know and what I've researched and hopefully shed some light on it for my athletes, my self and hopefully for some others out there.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to learn better food ideas for my family and myself.

    ReplyDelete