Saturday, May 10, 2014

Water water water....its everywhere, but not for long!

Ask anyone in my family and they will tell you that my 2 pet peeves are dehydrated people and the toilet paper roll being on backwards. I would say that about 99% of people dont drink enough water and it causes a variety of problems when houre just A LITTLE dehydrated.
The formula works like this....you should be drinking half your bodyweight I  ounces per day. So if you weigh 150 pounds you should be drinking 75 ounces of water a day or roughly 2.5 liters. There's a ton of information to back it up which I will post when im not typing from my phone. They Mayo clinic being a big one.
Headaches, diarrhea,  nausea, cramps, blurred vision, etc. Are just some of the symptoms it can cause. Did you know that if you dont drink any water for 3 or 4 hours that you are already partly dehydrated?  In athletes its 2 to 3 hours. YOU HAVE TO TRAIN/TEACH YOUR BODY TO HYDRATE PROPERLY. I'm sure some of you have heard that if your body is telling you that you're thirsty that youre already dehydrated. True. Don't wait for that to happen! You should have water with you 24/7 and be sipping off of it all day every day!
Part of what I'm trying to do is teach kids at a young age to learn to properly hydrate so that they can not only get more out of their body as an athlete but also so they won't suffer from some of the same problems their parents do. They are a generation that has been told that they will die younger than their parents for the first time in history! Nutrition, including hydration, plays a part in that.
Go drink some water!!! I'll be posting more on this subject,  dont worry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment